This is so great in so many ways.
The Brooklyn Cyclones minor league baseball team will be hosting a Seinfeld night on July 5, the 25th anniversary of the “Seinfeld Chronicles,” the original name for “Seinfeld.” They’ve put some thought into this. Activities will include:
- MCU Park will known as Vandelay Industries Park for one night only.
- Mailmen in uniform get to throw out a ceremonial first pitch (“Hello Newman!”)
- Anyone who has a business card indicating that they are in fact a “Latex Salesman” will also receive a free ticket to the game. If we call the number and it’s some apartment on the Upper East Side, you won’t qualify for the freebie.
- Fans can visit the information table for an “airing of grievances.”
- Closest to the pin / whale’s blow hole competition (“Is that a Titleist?”)
- The foul poles will be known as Festivus Poles.
- “Low-Talking” PA Announcer.
- Elaine Dancing Contest
- Players in puffy shirts for batting practice.
That is some good stuff. I can’t see anyone doing something like this for a current show 25 years from now.